Training: Level 1 - Introduction to CNC
A one-week comprehensive introduction to CNC course to prepare students for further study in machining systems and operating machining systems. Participants will learn the fundamentals of CNC machining systems.
Target Customer / Student
- Huffman customers having unskilled labor, no previous exposure to CNC. Includes new hires and "promotions" from within.
- Non-Huffman customers seeking general training for unskilled labor.
This class is fundamental. As such, it may be applied without regard to type of machine tool (grinder, lathe, mill, etc.). Content of study includes, but is not limited to:
- introduction to CNC & safety
- the difference between N/C and CNC
- history and trends of N/C and CNC
- CNC versus manual control
- data storage
- drive motors, drives, motion, feedback
- axes and their relationship to control
- types of CNC systems
- fixturing, workholding, tooling setup
- shop programming
- CAD/CAM programming
- virtual CNC, automation, robotics
Next: Level 2 - Operation of Huffman Specific Models