CNC grinding of cranial perforators for the medical industry is one capability of Huffman's machining systems.
- Cranial perforators are manufactured from a solid stainless steel blank.
- Parts can be ground in a single setup as an assembly or individually.
- Up to four wheels are mounted on the grinding spindle to achieve the optimum balance of part geometry, cycle time and wheel life.
- Cycle times for this part can be as little as four minutes each depending upon the part size and other process variables.
Features and Benefits
- Available on the Huffman HS-150, HS-190 and HS-200 series belt grinding machines.
- Requires dedicated feature for clamping the part, depending upon shank geometry.
- High productivity and reliability ensure high process capability in round-the-clock manufacturing environments.