Hip Rasps / Broaches
Huffman superabrasive grinding systems are capable of round-the-clock production of stainless steel hip rasps (broaches) used for hip joint replacement surgery. The intricate tooth pattern is ground on the contoured anatomical profile. Integration of CAD/CAM using Huffman's Open Architecture Control (OAC) or a 3rd-party five or six-axis postprocessor to Huffman's grinding systems ensures increased accuracy and precision.
- Hip rasps (broaches) are held between centers.
- Tooth forms can be annular or cross-hatched, including complex diamond tooth patterns.
- Most tooth geometry can be ground with 5 axes. Huffman's unique 6-axis design offers maximum design flexibility.
- Cycle times are contingent upon part geometry, material type, amount of material removed, wheel conditions and desired surface finish. Typical grinding cycle times range from 12 to 20 minutes.
Features and Benefits
- Available on the Huffman HS-155R grinding machines.
- Optional scale feedback is available for increased accuracy.
- Rugged machine design enhances system precision, durability and uptime.