Medical Drills & Routers
Huffman machining systems are capable of superabrasive grinding of drills and routers for the medical industry.
- Medical drills and routers are extremely small with an outside diameter of 0.07" (1,8 mm).
- Ground from solid stainless steel blanks, features include: tapered flutes, sharp outer diameter reliefs and drill points.
- These parts are ground in a single setup and the use of a high- pressure coolant minimizes heat distortion and burr.
- Cycle times for these types of components are as low as three minutes depending upon the size and other process variables.
Features and Benefits
- Available on the Huffman HS-150, HS-190 and HS-200 series belt grinding machines.
- Requires a steady-rest for part support during grinding.
- A single flat wheel is required.