Blade Tip Repair - Laser
Refurbishing cells for the leading and trailing edges and tips of turbine blades. The blades are repaired and reused rather than discarded and replaced with new components.
Laser powder fusion welding with weld head heights of approximately 0.020" (0,5 mm) and weld head widths of approximately 0.060" (1,5 mm) to 0.075" (1,9 mm).
Number of passes is determined by the amount of buildup required.
Titanium and high-nickel aerospace alloys
Approximately one to three minutes per blade
Machine Features and Benefits
- Available on the HC-205 series laser systems.
- Laser powder fusion welding available on 3-, 4- or 5-axis configurations.
- Vision system is integrated with the CNC to accommodate incoming part variation and minimize manual operation.
- Simple setup and changeover to different parts.
- High production rate.
- Near net shaped welds minimize post-weld blend operations.
- Minimal heat transfer reduces heat affected zones (HAZ) and cracking.