Impingement plate waterjet machining is the drilling of holes and abrasive cutting of impingement plates. The part will not have any heat affected zones or layer recasting after drilling. Approximately 5,000 holes are drilled in the part. Each hole is to be 0.033" (0,838 mm) in diameter, ±0.003" (±0,076 mm). The six interior holes are cut to a defined dimension with a tolerance of -0.000/+0.004" (±0,102 mm). The outside diameter is cut to a defined dimension with a tolerance of ±0.002" (±0.057 mm).
- The material is located in a flat fixture inside the machine.
- The operator activates the approved part program, and the waterjet machining begins.
- Approximately 5,000 holes are drilled.
- The six larger inside holes are cut.
- The outside diameter of the part is cut.
The material is presented to the waterjet system in square sheets of 0.062" (1,575 mm) thick Hastaloy.
The cycle time per hole drilled is approximately 6 seconds.
Machine Features and Benefits
- Available on the Huffman WJ-155 and WJ-156 waterjet systems.
- Huffman's Abrasive Delivery System transmits accurate abrasive delivery to meet the hole tolerance.
- Huffman's Abrasive Monitoring System alerts the operator of a potential clog during the drilling process, which eliminates scrap.
- The incoming/outgoing water treatment makes this system environmentally-friendly.
- Completely enclosed machine to meet noise reduction requirements.