Root Form Grinding
Root form cutting regrinds the tooth profiles and flute faces in high speed steel root form cutters.
- Resharpen the flute face or regrind the tooth profile and flute face.
Machine Features and Benefits
- Available on the Huffman HS-150, HS-190 and HS-200 series grinding systems.
- Automatic wheel truing with wheel wear compensation is an integral part of the software.
- An automatic wheel dressing (stick feed) system is available for opening the grinding wheel bond.
- Integrated to a CAD/CAM system or Huffman's APT programming language for profile grinding.
- Tolerances between pressure lands are held less than 0.0002" (0,0051 mm) for profile grinding.
- For profile grinding, a diamond truing nib is used to form a conventional abrasive wheel. The program compensates for any form distortion generated by axial or radial rake on the flute face.
- Wheel diameters for profile grinding are a function of tooth spacing; typically 6"-8" (152-203 mm).
- The formed wheel grinds a CAM relief on the profile.
- Tooling is available for securing both tapered and straight shank cutters.