Open Architecture Control (OAC)*
Maximum performance, capability and flexibility is possible with Huffman's Open Architecture Control (OAC)*. This powerful operator interface combines high-speed processor speed with standard PC hardware operating on the latest operating system.
The Benefits of Using Huffman's OAC
Huffman's OAC alternative provides a simple and cost-effective system to our customers. The system uses commercial off-the-shelf components and can be upgraded with ease. And with Huffman's MAVIS software, productivity is increased and cycle time is optimized.
The PC technology eliminates non-productive time spent waiting for DNC uploads and downloads. Operators need less training with the easy to use touchscreen, flat-panel display which eliminates the need for a mouse. Customized operator panels and simultaneous processing through Windows XP® offers the flexibility of real-time collection and display of statistical process control data.
Huffman's OAC takes advantage of the pcANYWHERE® software and an internal modem so that you know your Huffman machine system has less downtime and can be instantaneously serviced through a remote diagnostic system. Also, you can be assured of increased security with password protection for machine functions and parameter accessibility.
Bringing together many of today's open standards, Huffman OAC offers many performance benefits including:
- Simple and cost-effective RAM, hard disk and CPU upgrades using commercial off-the-shelf components.
- Increased productivity through optimized cycle time when running latest Huffman application software.
- PC technology eliminates non-productive time spent waiting for DNC uploads and downloads.
- Less operator training needed with easy-to-use Huffman Graphical User Interface (GUI) software. Touchscreen, flat-panel screen eliminates need for mouse and allows for quick operator response.
- Greater flexibility with SPC data collection capability allows customized operator panels with simultaneous processing through Windows XP®.
- Less downtime with instantaneous service and remote diagnostics capability via internal modem and pcANYWHERE® software.
- Enhanced connectivity and increased uptime through remote networking capability and machine diagnostic system.
- Increased security with password protection for machine function and parameter accessibility.
- Less time spent updating software with CD-ROM upgrades.
- Beckhoff C6150 PC
- 850MHz Pentium III processor
- 40Gb hard drive
- 256Mb RAM
- 56K modem
- 10/100MHz ethernet card
- 15" LCD with touchscreen Beckhoff CP7012
- Delta Tau PMAC2
- 60MHz Motorola DSP
- Custom gate arrays
- Torque mode interface to servo drives
- Plugs directly into a PC ISA slot
- Directly interfaced high-speed safety I/O (home, position capture, drive enable)
- Yaskawa Legend digital torque drives with brushless AC motors
- Uses Profibus, the world's largest open bus protocol install-base with multiple manufacturers
- Profibus Master plugs directly into a PC PCI slot
- High-density slice I/O used in electrical cabinet
- Extremely rugged Beckhoff busstop station I/O with 12 mm quick connects used where IP67 protection required
- Uses soft PLC
- Supports the IEC-61131 programming standard (Ladder Logic, Sequential Function Chart, Structured Text, Instruction List)
- Actively updated display components for easy debugging
- Watch window for observing and forcing I/O
- Huffman PCNC graphical user interface supports RS-274 programming (M and G codes)
- Main screen with toolbar and all components needed for automatic operation
- Tool compensation, macro and fixture offset screens
- Auxiliary panels for spindle, waterjet and laser status
- Manual operation panel
- Additional background editor
- Additional position displays
- Message display
Remote Service and Diagnostic Support
- Ability to remotely diagnose and correct problems via modem or Internet using pcANYWHERE®
- Huffman service personnel able to view remote screen for diagnosis and correction of problem
- Customer and Huffman personnel share mouse and can communicate via common screen
- Supports file transfer for software updates
- Minimizes customer downtime
- One year warranty